e mërkurë, 27 qershor 2007

Feelings

What are feelings? Feelings are " An affective state of consciousness, such as that resulting from emotions, sentiments, or desires" (answers.com). So why is it that feelings play such a big role in our lives? Can it be controlled? Can it be inbred? Do feelings have a purpose? Even animals have feelings..they get angry, jealous and horny as well. Another question I'd like to ask: Are feelings beneficial? Do they help us survive as a species? One thing's for sure..Everybody deals with it, being either positive or negative. What about love? Among all the "common" types of feelings, love I guess is the most unpredictable and uncontrollable of them all. Stories like "I can't help it, I have feelings for this person", or "he/she's been such a fucked up person to me, yet I still love him/her" are all too common, especially at this age. Blogs everywhere are sorta dedicated to these topics even..it can be the only thing on our young minds sometimes. Is there a science of love? Is it just chemical reactions happening in your body that are designed to help us reproduce, survive, and enjoy a socially-fulfilling life? There are many opinions on this, even a Discovery Channel documentary covers this topic. Its so cool how love can make us absorb all the shit that gets thrown at us, or make us go crazy over little silly things..Nothing else can do that. Its not being referred only to romantic relationships, but other kinds as well. I guess what makes love so special is that it binds individuals together, and remains the most powerful, influential and strongest feeling in our lives. We just can't live without it can we..well. Writing this entry has made me feel so lovey all of a sudden. So I guess i'd like to take this moment as an oppurtunity to tell all my friends and family, especially the people around me, that I love them. You people have made my life what it is now, and I guess i can say its been a pretty good one. Awesome.

2 komente:

Tony tha...

sigh, if only we could control our feelings +(

Click to Climax tha...

love is only a feeling